Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Finding my people

Well it happened in November of last year I found my people it was quite by chance I was looking around on Revelry in my local area and it said that new knitting store opened up, with a quick check of Google maps I found that it was five minutes from my house. I was in the car the next day no matter that I had a fever and was sick as all get out (I mean I couldn’t breathe through my nose because it was so stuffed up). People keep asking ‘are you okay’ and the ever popular ‘you don’t look okay’ but I knit away. Looking back that may not have been good for my new friends, oh well.

Over the next few weeks they took me from knitting scarf to actually making a hat then two more hats and now I’m making a sweater. Now I’ve always been kind of crafty so the other owner and employees seem to feed my creative brain. Just sitting in the store is like increasing my IQ, there’s a book club for heaven sakes. Though just listing to people talk knitting helps me understand those strange directions like SSK or K2TOG. Not to mention the owner is always say really cool things like just remember that you SSK first, of course that means nothing to you unless you are knitting the toe of a sock.

Anyways to say that I love this place is an understatement, there is a always room for you even if you want to sit outside with your puppy and knit at the outside table. So I guess I’ll clue you in the store is called Knitty Couture and get this one door down there’s a pizza place that severs drinks, two doors down is the best noodle place ever. Yarn, drinks, egg rolls and an outside table I can sit at with my dog is there anything else I could want in life?

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Hey! I'm your people!